Tahitian Pearl Jewelry
|Tahitian Pearl Strand Necklaces
|Tahitian Pearl Earrings
|Tahitian Pearl Pendants
|Tahitian Pearl Rings
|Tahitian Pearl Bracelets
|Galatea Carved Pearl Jewelry
About Tahitian Pearls:
- Tahitian Pearls are Cultured pearls farmed in Polynesian ocean water
- They are created by a type of oyster called Pinctada margaritifera: the "black-lip oyster".
- These oysters are large and can produce pearls as large as 16mm, though 8-10mm is more common
- Colloquially called "black pearls" Tahitian Pearls actually range from light gray to very dark gray.
- They exhibit greens, blues and purples, with the most valued examples showing a spectrum of all these colors. Tahitian pearls showing a that multi-hued effect are often called "peacock" color and are among the most prized.