Imperial Pearl: Sterling Silver 7-7.5mm Black, Grey & White Freshwater Pearl Drop Earrings
Sterling Silver 7-7.5mm Dyed Black, Grey & White Freshwater Pearl Drop Earrings
Learn more about Imperial Pearl
- The Imperial Quality Difference
- Pearl Size Guide
- Return Policy
- 5mm or less: Generally recommended for young girls and/or very petite ladies.
- 6mm Pearls: A bit smaller than 'usual' - a good option for ladies 5'3" or under and/or with a particularly slender neck.
- 7mm - 8mm Pearls: The 'standard' size. Most pearl strands you've likely seen are about 7-8mm.
- 9mm - 10mm Pearls: Luxury size. Larger than the 'usual' pearl strand, but subtly so. (It is unusual to find Akoya Pearls larger than this).
- 11mm - 12mm Pearls: Noticeably larger than the norm. Typically only found in Freshwater, South Sea or Tahitian Pearls.
- 13mm - 16mm Pearls: A true 'statement' heirloom piece of jewelry. Only found in Freshwater, South Sea or Tahitian Pearls.
- 4mm pearls are about the same diameter as an unpopped popcorn kernel.
- 5mm pearls are about the same diameter as a #2 pencil's eraser.
- 6mm pearls are about the same diameter as a #2 pencil's shaft (a #2 pencil's shaft is 1/4" which is 6.3mm).
- 7mm pearls are about the same diameter as an average dress-shirt button.
- 8mm pearls are about the same diameter as a green pea (not the 'baby' peas, the regular ones your mom forced you to eat...).
- 9mm pearls are about the same diameter as an AAA battery.
- 10mm pearls are about the same diameter as an M&M Candy (the longer side).
- 12mm is just a hair under 1/2 inch, so 12mm pearls are about the same diameter as the thickness of a standard household sponge.
- 14mm pearls are about the same diameter as an AA battery.
- 16mm pearls are about the same diameter as the width of standard-size dice (or think of it as if you took a die and cut off the corners to make it round).
- 18mm pearls are about the same diameter as a dime.
- 20mm pearls are about half-way between a penny and nickel (19mm and 21mm respectively).
- 24mm pearls are about the same diameter as a quarter.
- Returned product must be in original condition, in the original box. That means the jewelry box - not the cardboard box we shipped it in. You can reuse or toss out the cardboard box (but please recycle!)
- Returns are valid for original purchaser only.
- Damaged & Altered Items: Regrettably, items that have been damaged or altered after receipt (e.g. rings that have been sized), cannot be returned. You wouldn't want to buy jewelry someone else banged up or modified, right? All items are carefully inspected before shipment. Should you receive an item that has been damaged in transit, please contact us immediately upon receipt.
- Items purchased with store credit from a prior return may be only be returned within 30 days, and only for store credit.
- Other Issues: If you have any other issues, questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us.
About the Capitan Collection
These items were created to salute the captain in every man. A “captain” is defined as a leader, a person who takes charge. He is the one who protects, who enters the unknown first for the benefit of crew or clan and does so with dedication and love. This is men's jewelry that celebrates the most important elements in a man's life: Loyalty, Beauty, Wisdom, Honor, Family, Hope, Strength and Love.
The inspiration for my designs came from ancient Japanese Samurai swords maker, Unno Moritoshi. Years ago, I saw an exhibit of such artifacts at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art. I was moved by the strength, love and dedication it took to create these instruments. So much artistry was required to decorate these swords--swords of honor yet also weapons of war and death--with delicately inlaid symbols. Today, each item in The Capitan Collection contains small elements and talismans that are forged, like the ancient swords that came before them, into deeply oxidized Sterling silver and 14k yellow gold.
With each item, a legend is told and unfolds. And yet, like most good tales, the story of a man's life continues as the Universe moves forward. This is the never-ending story, the beauty of Life in all its mysteries. This is what I give you with The Capitan Collection.
Video Tour of the Capitan Collection
For over 100 years, Imperial has been the country’s leading expert in pearls and a leading designer of pearl jewelry. Our three generations of pearl experts travel the world hand selecting rare pearls directly at the source, ensuring we have first pick of annual pearl harvests before they are even available to other companies. The fact that we are the largest independent pearl company in America allows us to leverage our unprecedented buying power to secure lots of pearls at quality levels others simply can't obtain.
From Golden-Age of Cinematic star Loretta Young to Rita Hayworth to Elizabeth Taylor to First Lady Nancy Reagan, Imperial Pearls have been the choice for discriminating fashionistas since the 1900's. Over our decades in the business, we have established strong personal relationships with pearl farmers throughout the world while remaining industry leaders in jewelry design and craftsmanship.
Leaders of Imperial and other Pearl Companies discuss what's happening with freshwater pearls.
The Robert Wan Co. Auction in Hong Kong is one of the many places Imperial gets first-choice pearls
Bigger, badder, bolder. New jumbo size pearls have hit the market.
Dr. Elizabeth Strack - likely the world's foremost authority on pearls - talks with Imperial
90% of pearls sold do not meet Imperial's Standards!
The simple truth is that most pearl retailers can't even obtain pearls of the quality we insist on as a minimum.
Their so-called "AAA" may be the best of what they've got, but Imperial's 100 years of relationships with pearl farmers and dealers mean we've already taken the best of the harvest - so even our A-Quality pearls outshine most folks "AAA"... And our AA- and AAA-Quality levels represent pearls of a quality they generally can't even obtain.
Here's a chart that compares common pearl sizes to a dime.
Some quick guidance:
Having said that... if you're like us, it can be hard to 'visualize' what a 4mm or 8mm or any "mm" pearl size really looks like. And posting an image online isn't so good since they vary in size based on your monitor/resolution.
So here we're going to list some common pearl sizes compared to 'real world' objects that may be easier for you to picture:
CLICK HERE if you need to initiate a return. Or call us toll-free at 844-pearlscom (844-732-7572) 9am-5pm EST.
Refund Processing Time & Procedure